More TAST Catch-up
I apologize that some of these pictures are fuzzy but at least I've begun stitching a little. The first sample is of the Basque Stitch which is a totally new stitch for me but I found it very interesting and enjoyable. A good stitch to get back with. My Basque Stitch sample is stitched on 18 ct. linen and the top left samples were stitched with #8 perle cotton with #5 perle cotton used on the curve and for the flowers. I want to explore this stitch more.
As you can see, this is still a WIP sample. Again I used 18 ct. linen and for the Crossed Buttonhole, another new concept for me, I used a gold #5 perle cotton for the top row and Edmar's Lola for the second row. I have started the Wheat Ear Stitch also on this piece of linen and will go back and add to this stitch. Because I've only done one small row of Butterfly Chain I am not posting that one with these 'catch-up' samplings.
I cheated a little with these next two pieces. The piece above is a needlepoint piece I completed in 2003 and uses the Satin Stitch.
This Christmas piece is crewel work and incorporates the Satin Stitch and French Knots, as well as the Wrapped Wheel among other stitches.
I think with the Long and Short Stitch this basically catches me up but I still need to explore some of these stitches. For the Long and Short I went back to my Bargello idea book but used Aida #14 and #3 perle cotton. I really enjoy Bargello stitching but up to now have always used canvas and wool threads. The idea of using cotton counted thread fabric and perle cotton threads proved very interesting. Thanks to Sharon of inaminuteago I am really trying to get out of my stitching box. I am signed up for her newest class that starts on July 11 and looking forward to more new stitching ideas.