Norma's Needleworkz

Sunday, July 09, 2006

First post

To begin my blog I want to share something I wrote that was published in The P-K Scribbler, an Amateur Journalism magazine in July 1979.


REFLECTIONS

     I knelt on the floor by a cradle of history. Running my fingers ever
so lightly over the rail, for the sign said: "Do Not Touch." I wondered,
how many tiny babies had been placed there?
The pieced quilt gently folded drew me in for a closer look. Even the
tiny pieces were pieced! How she must have had to scrimp--(and momentarily,
I thought of the wealth of fabrics at my disposal). I could not take my
eyes from those tiny patches and wondered of the woman who had made such
perfect stitches. Did she work at night by the soft glow of a candle or by
the glowing fireplace embers?
I know from experience, the many hours required for a labor of love,
and I wish that I could have held her pin-pricked hand. Was she as small
and dainty as her stitches, or tall and strong? I would have liked to have
known her.

7 Comments:

At 7/09/2006 09:34:00 PM, Blogger Viv and Eddie said...

Welcome to the work of blogging, Norma. I loved your opening piece which I'm sure so many of us will be able to relate to.

 
At 7/09/2006 09:46:00 PM, Blogger abeautifulcraft said...

welcome to blog-land Norma!!!!! Loved what you wrote, what a special opening! hugs

 
At 7/09/2006 10:43:00 PM, Blogger Julia said...

Welcome Norma...
What a beautiful, touching piece of writing to open with..
Here's to lots of wonderful pics and posts!..

 
At 7/10/2006 09:22:00 PM, Blogger Bear said...

hewoo Norma- welcome to blogging - U will love it nd it will become addictive as quilting is - so sit down have a cuppa and tell us more of the Norma Blog!!I love your start- that is a beautiful piece of writing!!
love n hugs bear xoxoxoxoxox

 
At 7/11/2006 02:44:00 PM, Blogger sharonb said...

Norma - welcome to blogging I hope you have heaps of fun

 
At 9/16/2006 07:38:00 AM, Blogger Pat Winter Gatherings said...

Norma, this is beautiful. I would love to read abook written by you. Thank you for sharing this.

 
At 9/22/2006 09:39:00 AM, Blogger Charlene ♥ NC said...

Thank you for sharing your heart with us - and hopefully we will share hearts some time soon. You are a great blogger!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home