Norma's Needleworkz

Sunday, July 16, 2006

Heart work

These are some of the "hearts" needlework that I've created using different techniques. Some have been traded with friends around the world and those are shown here as well.



















When I joined the ChainsofHearts group on Yahoo! a few weeks back and found out that Sandie's daughter, Tayla, was interested in making hearts I knew that I wanted my first one to be made for her. The first one for swapping that is. I tried to include the things a little girl would like: an angel, butterflies and flowers. The tatting is also my work. The embroidery stitches were the very first ones I learned as a child and are meant to encourage Tayla. The heart is on its way to her in Australia. Happy stitching, Tayla.


One of the things that I have learned over the years of sane quilting is to have balance. I have tried to achieve balance with stitchery in the center portion only. There is a dragonfly charm located in the tip of this heart which also helps to achieve balance...at least to my eye. This heart will wing its way to Karen in Denmark tomorrow (7/17/2006).


These fabrics were received in a fabric swap and are among my "least favorite" colors (the silver and black) but when I added beads, embroidery, lace and tatting, this heart became an "I like it"! The tatting was a fluke and when I added the tassel it became a fan which I think becomes the focal point of this heart. This heart has found a home with Rebecca, an army wife located in Texas.


This is the heart that I received in exchange from Rebecca. At the time of our exchange Rebecca's husband is stationed in Iraq.


This is the heart I sent flying to Ati in Norway. With the help of my mentor at my side, this is the first image I added myself.


This is the heart I received from Ati in Norway.


This heart left this morning to be with Susie in the UK.

3 Comments:

At 7/17/2006 06:19:00 AM, Blogger abeautifulcraft said...

Norma ... your hearts are beautiful. I found it interesting reading about balance .... we shall have to swap hearts, you will see my hearts have no balance, they are just 'full' to the brim of everything .. LOL .. but it's so 'me' ..... your hearts are very beautiful .....hugs from me .....

 
At 7/28/2006 05:25:00 AM, Blogger Ati said...

Hi Norma, it's very nice to see your work and to read a little bit on your blog too. I will read now and then and have a look what you are doing. Hugs. Ati.

 
At 11/27/2006 01:49:00 PM, Blogger Nina In Norway said...

Hi, I just found your blog. I really enjoy it and will be back for more. :) You've made some lovely hearts.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home