Norma's Needleworkz

Friday, November 03, 2006

Wooden Sewing Box


With all the talk lately on the Crazy Quilting Friends list, that I am very fortunate to be a part of, about Brazilian Embroidery and Edmar threads I decided it was time to post my one and only project as the result of a mini class that I took from Peggy Crawford during the EGA Regional Seminar in 1989. Peggy was in the process of obtaining her certification in Brazilian Embroidery when she taught this class. Although I enjoyed the class I really haven't done that much with the technique. I have made a Christmas tree ornament and another small piece. I do enjoy using the threads on my crazy quilting squares and on some of the crazy quilted hearts that I have been swapping as well as some of the "gathering squares" that will be exchanged next Easter. I'm sorry the picture is so yellowed because the background of the box is white and the box is on an ecru spread. Oh, by the way, the name of the class was "An Introduction to Brazilian Embroidery" and this is a beginner piece.

1 Comments:

At 11/03/2006 03:12:00 PM, Blogger abeautifulcraft said...

Norma, this is really beautiful. I really would love to try this once I master the art of those slippery threads! LOL

 

Post a Comment

<< Home