Norma's Needleworkz

Monday, February 26, 2007

Band Sampler Round Robin

Several months ago I added yet another Yahoo stitching group to my ever growing list. This one The Stitching Post has going a band sampler round robin. Samplers are one of my favorite ways of not only learning new stitches but an opportunity to work on colorations. So I decided to join this round robin. For my sampler I chose a pumpkin color linen. Normally I would have chosen a natural or raw color linen but if I'm going to do something different (RR) then I'm going to do something different - like the background color LOL My design is very simple and uses four DMC floss colors. I'm one of those stitchers that prefers to let the fabric/threads/design "talk" to me so each sampler that comes my way may or may not have this design stitched thereon.

This is Misa's sampler and I'm the first of the group to stitch on it. She chose a white linen and used red, white and blues in perle cottons. I worked the same design on hers as on mine but I used a DMC varigated red/purple with blue tones floss. Keeping within the boundaries of her design I chose not to count the stitches (25ct.) my design needed but, as for my sampler, began the design in the middle and worked outward. Thus my design has no beginning nor an end.......... makes me think of God's love for each of us........ eternal. Misa, I hope you like what I've done here. Shortly Misa's piece will be on its way to the next stitcher.

2 Comments:

At 2/26/2007 02:06:00 PM, Blogger Misa said...

Norma, it looks beautiful. The color of the thread goes very well with the threads I'd used and the design is beautiful!

 
At 2/27/2007 05:08:00 PM, Blogger Thelma said...

Wonderful stitching Norma. What a neat round robin to be in.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home