Norma's Needleworkz

Wednesday, August 08, 2007

I've been tagged!

Yesterday I was surprised by two very special friends who presented me with the Nice Matters Award. The first to tag me was Susan. As I read what she had to say it brought tears to my eyes and made me realize just how important friends can be in good times and through difficult times by words of encouragement. I'm not sure I know what I'm doing but my dear, dear friend Maureen B. tagged me next. The last few months of my dear hubby's life were cheered greatly by the jokes that Maureen sent almost daily. As much as I would like to tag them back my instructions said I had to tag 7 other very special friends. That is really an impossible task as I've found so many wonderful people that have been both inspirational and encouraging especially these last few months. There is an old western 'proverb' "to ride the river with" .... it means just what it says a friend who will be there when you need them ... my friends:
Bear who with many troubles of her own always has a cheerful word and delightful sense of humor. You gotta love that gal!
ktj a Buddist, recommended to me a very Christian book on the dying that was written by hospice nurses and was a great source of comfort to me. She called often and kept me and my group friends up to date while I was without a computer.
Sandie who figuretively gave me a shoulder to cry on.
Catherine what can I say, another Aussie with a most delightful sense of humor.
Gerry always generous with praise and encouragement.
Melissa is one who not only helps with her talented fingers but goes beyond the norm to find information and sources to answer questions or solve problems.
Rose Ann such a delightful gal ... we have more than cq in common tee hee.
Now I need to let them know they've been tagged as being very, very special gals.

3 Comments:

At 8/08/2007 11:11:00 PM, Blogger Susan said...

Norma, what sweet things you've said about your friends! I've always loved that cowboy saying. =)

 
At 8/09/2007 11:07:00 AM, Blogger Gerry said...

Thank you Norma, it's nice that people (or at least two. LOL.) see me that way.

 
At 8/10/2007 11:27:00 AM, Blogger Melissa said...

Norma, thank you for your sweet words they mean a lot to me! Hugs! I may not get to blog this though since I'm not in my own house right now, but I really do appreciate that you've nominated me too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home