Norma's Needleworkz

Monday, July 23, 2007

TAST Arrow Stitch

The Arrow Stitch for week 29 of the TAST challenge was a fun stitch to do and although I didn't stitch more than the one fabric sample lots of ideas came up as I stitched. For instance, in the empty spaces of the diamonds on the bottom, beads could be placed, tiny SRE flowers could be stitched, even tiny silk flowers could be sewn there. This sample was worked on 18 ct. linen and the three shades of brown in both the wave and diamond patterns were worked with #5 DMC perle. On the left side, the dark green arrows were stitched with #5 DMC perle and the lighter green was stitched with #8 DMC perle. The single rows on the right middle section were stitched in burgandy with #8 DMC perle.

Other than the Arrow Stitch not much is happening in the way of stitching right now as I am trying to spend time developing my design for Sharon's (inaminuteago) newest class on joggles.com, Sumptuos Surfaces as well as work on a piece for my grandaughter.

This past Friday and Saturday I finally got back to using my sewing machine and was able to complete a baby quilt top ..... another scrap quilt that I do from time to time for the local crisis pregnancy center.

This morning I did piece my 8 1/2" square for the fall "Season to Season" swap for the CQ for Newbies group. This is a swap partner deal where you piece and then embellish only half of your square. You swap, embellish half of your partner's square and swap to get your own square back. There are lots of stitching opportunities developing in the various groups that I belong to but I have to remember not to over extend myself. Perhaps next week I'll be able to post some of the things I'm working on .... we'll just have to wait and see.

4 Comments:

At 7/23/2007 10:33:00 PM, Blogger JK said...

Beautiful hon! I was telling Ati I have a hard time with that particular stitch and I have been embroidering since I was a kid! Just some things that elude me, including my name and address.

 
At 7/24/2007 11:04:00 AM, Blogger Vivian said...

Norma, good for you!
I spent yesterday organizing my samples into a binder and I'm planning to resume stitching.

 
At 7/24/2007 11:14:00 AM, Blogger Deborah Hillier said...

Hi Norma, its really good to be able to see all your sample stitches and read about the ideas that spring to mind as you're working through them all. Deborah

 
At 7/25/2007 04:54:00 PM, Blogger Charlene ♥ NC said...

You've done a great job with all the stitching - just keeping it going is an accomplishment! Will be looking for your fall block - got to make mine, too!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home