Norma's Needleworkz

Monday, April 09, 2007

TAST week 14 - The Bonnet Stitch

Not very much to show for this past week's stitching on my TAST samples. This is another brand new stitch for me and I had to go to Sharon's (inaminuteago) stitch directory for how-to information. The top sample is stitched on 28ct linen with #5 perle dark green, single strand of red silk, and single strand bright blue silk for the left side. On the right I tried working a curve with #12 overdyed perle and under that I used #12 purple perle. I really had a difficult time with this stitch although the overdyed portion looks like I'm finally getting the hang of this one.

This second sample was stitched on 19ct Cork linen using #8 bright green and wine perle threads. I tried doing some short and tall stitches with the wine and really don't know what I ended up with although it looks a little like some Hebrew lettering. When I tried couching over a piece of my hand-dyed grosgrain ribbon I felt more comfortable. I think I need to use this for couching until I am more comfortable with this stitch. If I'm doing it correctly it has the look of a twisted Fly Stitch on a Buttonhole base. Wonder what the next stitch will be?

2 Comments:

At 4/11/2007 07:12:00 AM, Blogger Gerry said...

Norma, I swear I don't know where you find the time for all that you do. And it's just lovely!

 
At 4/15/2007 02:36:00 PM, Blogger Thelma said...

I am like Gerry, I don't know how you do it all Norma. (g) Your doing great. I got to get busy and get caught up. I am like four weeks behind. It's nice learning these harder stitches isn't it?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home