Norma's Needleworkz

Monday, July 16, 2007

TAST week 28 Sheaf Stitch

Just a brief update this week as I was trying to concentrate on Sharon's newest class Sumptuous Surfaces. This week's stitch Sheaf Stitch was really a fun one after last week's Bullion Knot. Although I didn't work but one sampler piece of fabric I thoroughly enjoyed the Sheaf Stitch and can see lots of possibilities. I stitched on 14 ct Aida and used a single strand of Caron's Watercolors; first in shaded rusts and then in shaded greens. The first stitch on the upper left somewhat reminded me of a spider and so I did the same grouping twice more with each stitching slightly smaller .... the smaller stitchings didn't remind me of a spider, just lonely sheaves of wheat tee hee. Across the bottom I tried varying the length of the stitches and a suggestion of a butterfly seems a good posibility. Just playing with the green thread I like the possible border arrangements. If I hadn't run out of thread on the far right design I would have stitched a fourth 'sheaf' and completed a square with lots of possibilities. Sharon, I really had fun with this stitch.

Sharon's Sumptuous Surfaces online class is all about design and I've been mulling ideas over in my mind, now if I can just get my choice to work. We'll see what happens this week with both the online class and TAST.

2 Comments:

At 7/16/2007 02:37:00 PM, Blogger Susan said...

Looks good from here! I like the way you made the green into 3/4 blocks. I could see doing that on one of those wide pieces that comes up that needs more than just a little stitch.

 
At 7/18/2007 04:35:00 AM, Blogger Courtney Short said...

that's one of my favorites :-) the possibilities with it are endless aren't they!?!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home