Norma's Needleworkz

Monday, April 23, 2007

TAST week 16 and some WISPs

Week 16 of Sharon's (inaminuteago) TAST Challenge is a familiar one - the Palestrina Knot. I was introduced to this stitch some years ago during my brief sojourn as an EGA member. This first sample is stitched on 14ct. Aida and I used only #5 perle cotton threads. The vertical row just to refresh my memory. After stitching the green threads I thought this would be an excellent sampling of "seaweed" if worked in silk threads.

The second sampling is still incomplete. It is stitched on 18ct. Aida with the 'rambling' worked with Caron's Watercolors using a single strand. The green is stitched with #5 perle cotton and then I added a Spider Web Rose worked with 7mm silk ribbon.

This farmhouse and the schoolhouse in the next photo are the last of the buildings for my under the Christmas tree village. They were plastic canvas kits purchased a number of years ago and both buildings were completed this year. Only the schoolhouse was a true WISP as it was begun several years ago and just set aside. The farmhouse was a start and finish for this year.

Shown with the schoolhouse is another of my WISPs. Many people give me odds and ends of yarn which I use in various projects such as "Caps for Kids". Sometimes they even give me their UFOs. The next two photos show some of those other peoples UFOs that I finished this year. Among the items given me back last fall was a bag that contained two children's scarves and six hats that needed finishing. Several years ago there was a tv breakfast cereal commercial that said "give it to Mikey, he'll eat anything" and I guess people figured if they gave their UFOs to me I'd be like Mikey and finish them LOL I have passed the word along "No more UFOs" I need to get my own done ggggg

All these hats and scarves will be given to one of the shelters about the time school starts in the fall. I may even have more to go with them although at this time I'm concentrating on knitting or crocheting afghans for one of the local nursing homes as well as some things for myself and family members.

Until next time, may you have only stitching joys!

2 Comments:

At 4/26/2007 06:34:00 PM, Blogger Sandie said...

I love reading your blog and seeing all the creations you make. The beanies and scarfs are lovely and will be so appreciated. The little house is amazing and I'm enjoying your TAST stitches... hugs and loves

 
At 4/30/2007 01:42:00 PM, Blogger Thelma said...

I love your buildings Norma. The kids hats are so adorable. I am sure whomever gets those will love them.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home