Norma's Needleworkz

Monday, August 20, 2007

Glitz & Glamor, etc.

Well, I think it is time I showed off some of my beautiful Sassa Lynne threads. If you haven't tried them you are missing a wonderful treat. They are some of the nicest cotton perle threads I've ever stitched with. But I didn't use them on any of this week's stitcheries. For one reason, I like to drool over them awhile as I contemplate how I want to use them LOL


TAST week 33 was the Scroll Stitch. It was a new one for me but not too difficult. The wine rows across the bottom were stitched with #8 DMC perle. All the other stitchings were worked in #5 DMC perle. I just "doodled" with the stitch this week. I did attempt a beaded paisley as I'm trying to work more beads into my stitching.

I mentioned the other week about participating in a Glitz & Glamor postcard swap on my CQF/Crazy Quilting Friends group and that I had to step outside the box to do this. Well, there she is. The photo does not show up the red sequined background fabric. In fact, the photo makes the background look lacy. Those white spots are really sequins that caught the light wrong. The piece of lace across the bottom looks like ribbon is woven down the middle ..... but there is no ribbon LOL .... I let the background speak for itself. The rose motif is wired ribbon and the leaves are wired velvet. The rose is stitched onto a crocheted motif and no, I did not make the motif. I received it in a motif swap on a crazy quilting USA based group that for some reason I've lost contact with. It is so weird how that happened. Because I switched over to DSL I had to unsubscribe and then re-subscribe. The unsubscribe worked just fine, but for some reason I couldn't re-subscribe. Perhaps it is time to let that group go, but I really enjoyed the sharing and of course that is where I met some of my Yahoo friends which in turn has me right here doing "out of the box" things, writing a blog, editing and adding photos and taking on line classes.


Well, I liked my swap postcard so much that I just had to make one to keep for myself. The only thing is I didn't have another rose ribbon motif ...... but I did have a peach crocheted rose with crocheted leaves on a crochet base ..... and no, I did not make this motif either although I could have. This motif was also received in the same motif swap as mentioned above. Is it any wonder I'd like to keep in touch with that group. I think I'm beginning to get the hang of making postcards and I expect I'll be doing more swaps. That's it for this week. See you next time!

6 Comments:

At 8/20/2007 09:23:00 PM, Blogger Susan said...

Interesting stitch sampler! You have been doing a great job of keeping up with the weeks. You, Ati, and Annie are the three I see doing all the stitches. I'm sure there are others, but I don't see them.

Your postcards are beautiful! I love that sequin background - definitely glitz!

 
At 8/20/2007 09:59:00 PM, Blogger crazyQstitcher said...

Wonderful Glitz and Glamour postcard Norma.
Someone is going to be very pleased to receive it.

Did you have bother machining over the sequin material?

The scroll stitch is good also.

 
At 8/20/2007 11:59:00 PM, Blogger Vivian said...

nice work!

 
At 8/21/2007 02:33:00 AM, Blogger Viv and Eddie said...

I love your Glitzy Glamourous postcard Norma. It will be great in your mystery person's postcard collection. Well done using the sequinned material, I never would have thought of that myself but it has really worked!

 
At 8/21/2007 06:43:00 AM, Blogger Lori said...

Norma, I love your post cards! Yes they are out of the box, but are terrific! I am so proud of you after the last few months! You do such nice stitching and sharing! I am glad to be in so many groups with you!
Very Big Hugs,
Lori

 
At 8/23/2007 05:31:00 PM, Blogger Courtney Short said...

your postcards are great! I love the sequined background and the tatted/crochet flower :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home