Norma's Needleworkz

Sunday, September 30, 2007

More TAST and Tatting


TAST week 39 was for the Reversed Buttonhole Bar and it was a new stitch for me. Since the Buttonhole is one of my favorites I enjoyed playing with this one. Taking a clue from Sharon B. I did this with two different colors so that I could see how the stitch actually looked. My fabric of choice was 18ct Aida and on the bottom row I used #5 DMC perle cotton dark gold as the foundation and then an olive green as the reversed bar. The next row up is just a small sample and the results would make a wonderful woven basket look on cq. For the top row I used the center of a roll of Tiger Tape to draw my circles ..... it was a little handier than a quarter LOL I really enjoyed doing the 'inward' bar and in the right colors would make a wonderful chrysanthimum (I don't think that is spelled correctly but I couldn't find my dictionary .... anyway I think you know the flower I mean).

I've also added three more pieces to my 25 motif tatting challenge.

The first piece is #5, a "Simple Flower Heart", and is from the newest book TAT'S AMORE by Martha Ess. Many of the patterns in her book use a technique I need to learn so this book will present challenges for me. I used #20 Anchor crochet thread in a deep pink and was photographed on black felt.

Challenge piece #6 is a tatted fan and I used two Anchor #20 pinks. The fan was designed by Connie Strobel and was a Be-stitched Contest Winner! Although the pattern called for two shuttles I used a shuttle and ball only because I didn't have an empty shuttle for the second color. I thoroughly enjoyed doing this pattern and for my cq work I think using a smaller thread will be very effective. This was photographed on a dark green felt and the darker pink is the same thread I used for the heart and for piece #7.

Challenge piece #7 is Elegant Coaster designed by Linda S. Davies. Several people on the Here-Be-Tatting list talked about this pattern from Linda so I decided to try it also. As you can see the background for this piece is white felt but the motif color is the same as in the previous two pieces. A deep pink #20 Anchor thread. The different backgrounds makes a big difference in how a color comes across.
Til next time have a blessed week.

6 Comments:

At 10/01/2007 07:01:00 AM, Blogger Gerry said...

Nice work, Norma. I don't know how you find the time. LOL.

I really like the tatting!!!!

 
At 10/02/2007 05:37:00 AM, Blogger Courtney Short said...

love the pink pieces!! pink is my fav color :-) You did a wonderful job on them - and the TAST.

 
At 10/02/2007 08:39:00 AM, Blogger Jeanne said...

Norma, your tatting is just beautiful, specially the little heart.

 
At 10/02/2007 11:02:00 AM, Blogger Charlene ♥ NC said...

Norma your tatting is super! You're a talented woman!!

 
At 10/02/2007 02:16:00 PM, Blogger Susan said...

What a great heart. I hope to learn to do these things, just as soon as I have a chance. Maybe January? I doubt I'll be able to make cute hearts for a long time, though!

 
At 10/02/2007 06:47:00 PM, Blogger Vivian said...

love your tatting!
my grandmother used to make tatted lace.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home